Wednesday, April 29, 2009

R.I.P Oscar fish

Last week I dreamt about one of my fish dying which later turned out to be true. I own several fishes; one of the fishes is the sun catfish, a pleco, and 2 Oscar fishes. The two Oscars are actually the ones that I was worried about. My boyfriend one day decided to buy these feeder fishes which caused the fishes to be really sick. One of the Oscar fish started to breathe heavily, while the other fish’s eyeball was growing grossly big and white.
I was so worried for the fishes and we tried everything to medicate the fish. However, we later found out that nothing worked. We later found out that one of the fishes caught a disease called Popeye which was a bacterial infection that is by many factors and the other fish, well we just couldn’t figure out.
Due to the suffering of the fish I couldn’t sleep for hours. Once I did sleep, I dreamt that I was waking up from a dream to check up on the fishes. I remember checking the my fish’s eye, to see if it has gotten worse, and other things as well but it is not clear to me. When I did check on the fish (in my dream) I realized that one of the Oscar fish was floating belly up. I was so upset and so angry that I started yelling at my boyfriend for being such an idiot.
When I truly woke from that nightmare I was happy to see that they were ok, but they were still sick. The one fish with the Popeye, his eye grew two times bigger, the other fish still breathe heavily. But eventually, the Oscar fish that was breathing heavily couldn’t make it and died.

2 comments:

  1. This one is pretty easy to analyze. You had the dream about your fish because you were thinking about your fish when trying to sleep. It is common that whatever you think about or hear (lets says for instance leaving the tv on when u sleep) to show up in the dream world. You were worried about your fish and your fish dying, therefore your fish showed up in your dream. I dont like certain books or theories that try to associate certain things in your dreams with things that are happening in your life. I feel your dreams happen because you are thinking about them or saw something that made you think about what happened in your dream earlier in the day. I do read a lot about dreams and lucid dreaming and ive read that if you concentrate on the fact that you are about to sleep and whatever you perceive is not real then you will fall asleep into a dream knowing u are asleep in a dream. for the sake of your dream you fell asleep concentrating on your sick fish so you had a dream about your sick fish.

    ReplyDelete
  2. CORRECTION ON MY COMMENT POST :what i meant was i dont like theories that associate the odd things that happens in dreams with things happening in your life. for example: if you dream about swimming then it means that you are being "cleansed" or "renewed" in waking life. I think its bullshit.

    ReplyDelete