This is a dream I had around the time my youngest sister was born, about 13 years ago.
I notice I have a red bump on the back of my left hand and although it doesn't hurt, it still bothers me for some reason. The next time I look at that hand, there is a sprout that has grown where the red bump used to be. I try to show my parents my hand but they seem to be ignoring me. In fact, even though I am following my family around in the car or just in the same room with them, they all act as if I am not even there. As the plant grows bigger and eventually flowers, I become more panicked for not only is this thing growing, but no one in the world can see or hear me.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteThis dream could be a reaction to Dinah's feelings about her coming sibling.The red bump on her hand could be a reflection or represent her mother's baby bump. Also, when her parents ignore her after she tried to show them the "sprout", this could be her unconcious but natural beginning of sibling rivalry. the sprout itself can represent life or something new. This shows her fear of her parents ignoring her and paying more attention to something or someone else. The growth of the flower and her growth in panic may also represent this sibling rivalry throughout the coming years in her life.
ReplyDelete