Throughout my high school years I had a tendency of falling asleep in class. I pretty much have always been a fan of sleeping, as I’m sure most people are too. All through most of my high school years I had the bad habit of oversleeping and arriving late to class. So as graduation got closer I remember having the same dream several times, which was me sitting in Nassau Coliseum by myself wearing my cap and gown, realizing I had arrived late to my own graduation, in this dream I remember feeling anxious and angry, thinking why hadn’t anyone woke me up. I also remember thinking my parents are going to kill me, having this dream a couple of times a week and being paranoid all the time helped me be on time for my graduation.
I agree with Polly about dreams being bout your daily life events and I think that most dreams are also based on what a person is thinking about or worrying about. Sometimes I have a certain worry on my mind all day and a couple of days later or even the same days I end up have a dream about it. Most of these dreams also seem so real most of the time that sometimes you’re not sure if it was an actual event or just a dream.
It is common that when a person is constantly worrying about something, they have a dream, or nightmare, where the thing they're worrying about actually happens. The fact that Laura did actually have a graduation coming up might have made the dream feel more real and so the feeling of anxiety and fear she felt was very realistic. What is interesting, however, is that even though Laura had this dream more than once, she still felt anger and anxiety each time she had this dream. One has to wonder why this is so. If a person has the same dream more than once, shouldn't they realize by the second time that they are once again dreaming? Or is it that when a person dreams, their memories are not as complete as they are when one is awake and so they might not have even remembered that they had this same exact dream before.
ReplyDelete