Marx and Engel both thought that unity of the people would be the best way for a community to function. Both thought that there should be one common community. These two writers and creator of the communist government determined that people would get along better if everyone was to get an equal share of the things that are owned. Since everyone is equal and no one was higher rank or had more then the other, everyone can form an equal community where there is no jealousy between the people, hence the people can then live in unity.
I believe that this form of unity is not "real". The people are force into a community where even though there is no ranking, there are still government officials who first establish the rules. For there to be real unity, people need to cooperate with each other. Since human nature is naturally greedy and selfish, I believe that only certain people can create real unity with a few other but not all. I believe that our idea of unity of all people can be establish but not in the terms that we describe. I think real unity is not for every person to cooperate, as Marx and Engels described, but for the people to not work against each other.
Wednesday, February 18, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment