"So tell me where were you on the night of August 20, 2008?" I looked up at him trying to remember but for some odd reason I was blank, my mind just kept going back to the image of Edwin, how could i lose him this way? he cant just leave me all alone in this world. I cant remember, I don't know, I remember Edwin and I had gotten in to an argument that day and he said that he didn't want to see me anymore and i left home and went over to my friends house for closure. "Oh I see." Is this friend of yours a male? "Why do you ask that, i say with a angry tone." Perhaps you were cheating on Edwin and when you got caught you and your lover joined hands and planned to murder him." My god that is crazy, I loved Edwin and would never do such a thing true recently our marriage has been a little rocky and we are facing tremendous financial problems but I would never think of hurting Edwin.
"May I come in?" Rogers and I both look up at once to find Marc at the door, I jump up out of my seat and run to him, I hug him tightly. I could feel the heat off of Roger's stare. I slowly loosen my grip and look at Marc's face. He gives me a wink and heads to Rogers. "Rogers, what is it that you wanted to ask me?" Rogers gives his hideous grin and sucks on his pipe, "Well, Mr. Marc tell me, where were you the day of August 20, 2008?" Marc looks at me and then turns back around to Rogers, " I was with Mary all day and night. I look up at Marc, was he telling the truth? How come i dont remember being with him all day and why would i spend the night at his place if Edwin would be home waiting for me. Marc, are you sure that I was with you and not with Edwin? Yes Mary. Dont you remember you came over in tears and told me you had gotten into a argument with Edwin and were sick of him and hated him and then you told me to take you away from it all and we went out to eat and then when we got back home you told me you loved me and wanted to stay with me forever. No. that didnt happen you cant be doing this to me. you are telling me that I left Edwin for you and that I love you? No Marc you are lying!
Rogers gave a loud snicker. Well now how do we conclude all this? Mr. Marc says that you both are lovers and that you hated Mr. Edwin. Is this true Mrs. Mary?
"No Rogers this isnt the truth, I dont love Marc. I look at Marc he winks at me. His is I mean he was just a friend and I have never seen him anything more than that." Marc rises from his seat and comes towards me "Now come on Mary, there is no need to hide anything from Rogers." He knows we love each other." I push Marc off, What do you hear yourself. How can you say that? Marc you are lying. Marc looks at me, I knew you were going to play this game. I knew you were going to back out of your words and put the blame of Edwin's death on me. But not to worry I already have proof of all this. Rogers " if you dont mind can i play this message." Rogers rubs his hands and says "now its getting juicy."
"Oh Marc I cant tell you how much I love you, I cant wait to get over Edwin, I am sick of him. Tonight will be the end of him. I will make this an unforgettable night for him." I couldnt believe what I was hearing, that was me speaking but those weren't the words that would ever come out of my mouth. I look at Marc and he stares at me with pity in his eyes. Rogers, I say, "You cant possibly believe what is saying, its all fake." Correction, Mrs. Mary its not what he is saying but what you have said. Those words just add to the evidence against you. Rogers, that maybe my voice but I didnt say those words. Listen to yourself, You sound like a maniac, Mrs. Mary. You footprints, your bracelet, your lipstick mark, your hair, these were all the pieces of evidence found in and or around Mr. Edwin's body. As for that knife we are unable to locate that but soon we will find that too.
Marc smiles adn then walks slowly towards me and says its okay honey I will make sure you get out of jail easily. I wont let you serve for too long. After all we have to get married soon. I look at him in astonishment. Is he serious. I turn around and bang my fist on the table what the hell is wrong with me, why cant i remeber what and where was I. How did any of this happen? Marc exists the room adn Rogers follows him. I sit on the floor. Trying to remember the day of August 20,2008.
I woke up to the smell of coffee, Edwin was already up adn cooking breakfast. I run for a shower and head down. He gives me a kiss and seats me down. He serves me breakfast and says that he loves me. I cant get my eyes off of him. he looks even more handsome than the first time I had met him. I lean forward and give him a light kiss. He pulls me closer adn we fal into a passionate kiss. He gets up and pick me up and heads for the bedroom, His phone rings but hat doesnt stop him from tearing off my top, a second ring and then he is up adn runs for the phone. I hear that voice again, that voice that gets me so angry. She is always calling him and when he knows its her he walks out of the room to talk to her. He doesnt return for a few minutes, after a ling wait of 10 minutes he returns only to get dressed and leave. I stare at him.
I remeber yelling and screaming for him to stop and not go. But he left. I sat on the stairs crying. I remeber getting dressed and going to see Marc but that was it. I cant remeber the rest. Everything else is a blur.
There is a knock and in comes Rogers, he tells me i can go home and he will contact me tommorrow. I walk out, the rain gets heavier and heavier. I look for the red car. His hand moves Ina small wave and I run to it. I sit in the car and we drive off. I wake up the next day, to the ringing of the phone and as he said it was Roger's. I ppick up and he almost immediately blurts out that the killer has been found. I get up. What I exclaimed? What are you saying? Who is that son of a bitch?" I scream in the phone. Rogers tells me its better for me to come and see for myself. I get dressed and run out to the door and as soon as i get in Roger's room i see Marc's face. He is sitting at the seat with Rogers grinning at him. I walk in screaming " You piece of shit!" I run to Marc grabbing him by the callor. Rogers pulls me off adn tells me to cool off. I give him a stare and he knows I am awiting for him to tell me what. Rogers tells me to take a seat.
Rogers, look at Marc and then begins. Last night after Marc steps out we followed him, we were already suspicous with the way he was acting and the fact that he had all this evidence against you. I took the time to follow home home and found that his home was full of papers, pictures, cassettes, all that were playing againt you. That phone message was not the full conversation between the two of you,. In the conversation you had actually called Marc to thank him for the car that you were presenting Edwin for your anniversary. You said he would have a memorable night beacuse you were going to spend all night loving him and making him remeber the love you have for each other is eternal. We also found that crazy obbsseion Marc has for you. he has been in love with you all this time and was jealous of your realtionship with Edwin.
He took advantage of the day you were angry at Edwin for speaking to a women and ran to Marc for closure only to know he drugged you and when he saw that Edwin kapt calling your cellphone he went over and in rage killed Edwin. When you woke up he thought you had seen this so he made the death seem as if you killed edwin. Here is the knife used, with his fingerprints. I look at him how could Marc do this to me. I hate him. I look at marc and he says sorry and that he did it all only to get my love. I slap him adn leave the room. rogers follows and says soorry for bothering you mrs. Mary but i wanted to give you the insurance check for your husbands death that we had withed. I l=take the check and look at the 6 figures. I smile careful enough not to let rogers see it. He hugs me and says case closed and Marc is convicted of murder.
I step out of the office and the red car drives to me I climb in and kiss him, at that moment Rogers comes to give me my bag and looks in the car only to see the side of his face. I thank him roll up the window andn we drieve off. Rogers runs back to the office to look at the picture of Edwin. He cant beleive it. Edwin was the one in the car with me. Rogers slams his fist and curses. Another cased lost.
No comments:
Post a Comment